Use your class set of iPads to make a living timeline!
One Possibility – Students use the iPad as a presentation tool
- Assign each small group of students to a specific event within a broad timespan, such as the Battle of Bull Run within the timeline of Civil War battles.
- Direct the students to present on that topic by using their iPad as a display of their presentation.
- Students may gather photos from the internet and keep them stored in the camera roll on the iPad, and bring them into any app that may serve the purpose. See this post as one option for presenting.
- Once students have compiled all their research, a gallery walk around the room commences, allowing the whole class to experience the Battles of the Civil War, or the highlights of the American Revolution.
Another Possibility – Students (or teachers) create QR codes to direct learning
- Create QR codes (instructions here) that drive the presentation.
- Either students or teachers may create QR codes and place them around the room with labels that describe the event they represent.
- Students may then travel around the room scanning QR codes and viewing the web site or text or YouTube video.